Students applying to NYU Shanghai from outside of China must follow the instructions below if they wish to be considered for financial aid.
The College Scholarship Service/Financial Aid PROFILE
The CSS/PROFILE is required of all applicants, regardless of citizenship, who would like to be considered for financial aid, including any scholarships and grants from NYU Shanghai. Note that students with divorced, separated, or unmarried biological parents will also need to submit the CSS/Noncustodial Parent PROFILE (or the CSS/Noncustodial Parent PROFILE waiver request with supporting documentation) by the deadlines specified below to be considered for institutional scholarships and grants. Chinese nationals applying to NYU Shanghai (using the Gaokao to qualify for admission) should not complete the CSS PROFILE.
- Click here to begin and submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
- Click here to begin and submit the CSS/Noncustodial Parent PROFILE (if applicable).
- Students needing a Noncustodial Parent PROFILE Waiver request should contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The New York University CSS school code number is 2785.
Freshman Applicants CSS/PROFILE Deadlines
|Early Decision I||Early Decision II||Regular Decision|
|CSS/Profile||November 15||January 15||February 15|
|Noncustodial Profile (if applicable)||November 20||January 20||February 20|
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
NYU Shanghai is approved by the US Department of Education to provide federal financial aid to eligible students who are US citizens or official permanent residents of the United States. Therefore, all US citizens or official permanent resident applicants who would like to be considered for financial aid must submit the FAFSA in addition to the CSS/Profile form.
- Click here to begin and submit the FAFSA.
- You must list New York University as a recipient and include our federal school code number (002785) when completing your FAFSA.
- Do not complete the FAFSA until after January 1 if you are applying for fall admission.
Freshman Applicants FAFSA Deadline
- Early Decision I: FAFSA: February 15
- Early Decision II: FAFSA: February 15
- Regular Decision: FAFSA: February 15
Financial Aid Notification: April to receive a final financial aid award