At the core of NYU Shanghai’s mission is the notion of cultural exchange—a community of students and scholars from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences who seek an academic environment in which academic inquiry and cross-cultural collaboration are inextricably linked. As such, academic excellence is expected of students at NYU Shanghai, but strong test scores and academic records alone are insufficient. NYU Shanghai students are distinguished by their intellectual curiosity, innovative mind-set, cosmopolitan spirit, and their desire to explore the world with classmates from around the world.

As an NYU Shanghai student, you will be part of a diverse, pioneering community that serves as a new model for higher education. The curriculum at NYU Shanghai combines the best of what the Chinese and American education systems have to offer. Professors from around the world will engage you and your classmates in open discourse and debate, made easier by an 8-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio. Mentorship and guidance from leading researchers and scholars are a natural part of this close-knit community.

Both inside the classroom and out, cultural exchange is a hallmark of the NYU Shanghai experience; 51 percent of each entering class is made up of Chinese nationals, while the remaining 49 percent come from around the rest of the world. Opportunities to experience China like a local are abundant, as are the chances to experience a familiar setting from a new perspective.

Despite the wide range of interests, talents, and experiences that NYU Shanghai students reflect, the desire to broaden their horizons draws NYU Shanghai students together.

Are you ready for NYU Shanghai?

Chinese Admissions

Chinese Financial Support

US/International Admissions

US/International Financial Aid

Financial Aid FAQs

Contact Us

Related News